Hard time Chewing?

My 13 mo. old loves to feed herself. The problem is she uses her hand to what looks like to me that she can't swalow by herself. She has the 1st four teeth on top and two on bottom. And she puts more in her mouth then she can handle. How can I help her.

Mrs.Elgert

Asked by Mrs.Elgert at 2:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most kids that age will put too much in their mouths. My son still does, and he's four. I don't understand what you are saying though, is she using her hand to get the food down her thoat? Have you tried those Gerber snacks that pretty much melt in their mouths, but you have to chew a little? Sorry, I can't remember what that are called, but they are small and come in a canister type thing.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Would help if you could clarify how she's using her hand. You can avoid her stuffing her mouth by only giving her a little bit at a time. She'll get the idea.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sorry.. Yes it looks like she will push the food down not chew.
    Mrs.Elgert

Comment by Mrs.Elgert (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010