Am I the only one who thinks that jealousy is a pointless emotion?

I understand that people are insecure...I have my own insecurities but I can count the times I've gotten jealous on one hand but I've never said anything to my fiance. Jealousy just causes problems in relationships and I've never seen it do any good.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• jealousy is kind of the route of people have boundaries in relationships. if you were never jealous, you probably wouldnt care if your husband went around the town with a bunch of other girls right?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• @ the age of 16 no @ 16 I was Jealous often Now yes It is pointless and I rarely get jealous Im secure in who Iam and what I have to offer Im older and wiser
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It is pointless..but its a feeling that can't be helped.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't think the emotion itself is pointless per se, just how one reacts to it that can lead to trouble.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Its the natural emotion that makes people protect whats theirs (or what they THINK should be theirs)....at least relationship wise.

As far as objects, like jealousy of someone's new car, it only makes people bitter instead of giving them that push to EARN something like that too.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 2:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• That wouldn't come down to jealousy Purple, but what was appropriate behavior of a married man or woman. That would be an issue of respect. We respect each other enough to not put ourself in situations that could cause issues and if he did hang with a bunch of women, I would be one of those women because we do everything together. I just don't really see the point of jealousy I guess.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree, but I am going to be honest.. I have been in relationships where there was too much and not any jealousy. Now I am in one where there is just enough to keep things intresting. :)
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I've always been a jealous person, always! yes you are right, being jealous is pointless and sometimes causes problems, I am a proof of that...but for some of us it's an emotion that sometimes cannot be controlled. I work on my jealousy every day, thankfully my partner in crime for the last 11 years has put up with me, but he understands that I put up with alot of his flaws too so we are even.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have never once understood it myself. The ONLY person jealousy hurts is YOU... Why waste the energy to hurt yourself?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you are never jealous...it means you just don't care enough, IMO,
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010