What do you do to your hair when it gets dry.....

do you use the hot oil treatment? that always works wonders for my hair.. what do you usually do? because my hair is starting to get to that point when i wash it and try to comb it out its not pretty. lol im going to get a trim next weekend. but i just want to know what you use

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 2:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I do the leave-in conditioner for a few days and/or get a hair cut to take off all the dead ends.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 2:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i use hot oil treatments sometimes like every 2 weeks - month.
    but every time i wash my hair (every other day), i put alittle nuetrogena leave in conditioner in it, like a dime sized amount, and it works great! you should try it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Maybe its time to change shampoos or conditioners. I have done that and it makes a big difference.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• When my hair gets dry I use my normal conditioner and put tons in my hair and let it sit for about an hour or two with a shower cap on. Its the perfect deep conditioner.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 4:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I use deep conditioners on a regular basis. I also detangle my hair with herbal essence conditioner still in my hair. It makes it so soft and manageable.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 7:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I use leave in conditioner and sprays for my hair before I straighten it. I may try hot oil treatments again!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i use biosilk
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I recently was told by my Physiology professor that hormones play a major role in how your hair looks and feels. It can change according to your monthly cycle. Also, If you drink plenty of water and take vitamins, including vitamin E, it will help in the long run. But for right now, Use a smoothing creme, like the kind you use for hot irons.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010