When to reveal

I just found out I'm pregnant (5 weeks) and wondering when would be the best time to tell my employer? So far only family know.

CJnRB

Asked by CJnRB at 2:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try sticking it out unless you are in news media or some high profile job.
    If you need your job than work till the bitter end with your employer.
    I do believe in some states to FMLA.
    Family Medical Leave Act.
    Covers being pregnant and also giving birth.
    Talk with some of your fellow employee's and see what they say.
    But 6 to 12 weeks it best.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I remember when I was pregnant the first time (It was the only pregnancy that I worked through), I told my employer around 6 weeks, that way they knew when I had to take off for doctor appointments, if I needed to have one during work hours.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I told my employer around 12 weeks when the doctor said our chances of miscarriage had decreased..which is usually when it decreases..but if you feel your employer is going to need more time then 8 months to adjust then you should tell sooner..or if your work needs to be adjusted like lifting or stuff like that.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I told my employers as soon as I knew, in case there were any complications that came up where I had to run to the doctors, also to explain my need to make a lot of doctors appointments. I also told them because I was getting up to go pee all the time, and had morning sickness, so I spent a lot of time in the bathroom, lol.

Congratulations!
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i told them as soon as we found out! it was just easier to set up doc apt and things! good luck
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I work in a very small office and we currently dont have maternity leave as part of our policy and I am somewhat concerned about my job position as well. I was thinking of telling the boss around the 12th week. I'm a little nervous about it.
    CJnRB

Comment by CJnRB (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I told mine at 4 weeks. just because i;ve had a miscarriage before, but im 7 weeks now and so far so good.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010