The three day potty training method?

I was wondering if anyone has used that method or is planning on using? What were your thoughts on it? Any suggestions?

I am preparing to start potty training my 25 month old boy, and had heard about this method. When I potty trained my older children, who are now 10 yrs old and 7 yrs old, I didnt do anything like this. (And my now 7 yr old boy, wasnt potty trained until he was over three years old, so I am looking for help with this child, lol.)

dakajazz23

Asked by dakajazz23 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmmm, I did something very much like this when ds was just turning 3. He had to be potty trained to move up to my class at school (I was a preschool teacher), so the day after his birthday, we put him in undies and brought him over to my room. I took him to the restroom every 15 minutes, whether it was lunch time, outside time or circle time, the next day he moved back to every 30 and then I just asked him every 30. If he had an accident, he had to go back to trying every 30 minutes instead of just being asked if he needed to. He had 2 accidents.

I think a huge factor in the success of this method is whether the child is ready. They must be showing interest in the potty and able to distinguish the "potty" sensation. I am glad I waited, because I saw so many parents have such a battle. Sometimes it started at the age of 3 and lasted past the age of 4. Just go with your gut. If it isn't going well, you may want to
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• First of all...make sure he is showing all the readiness signs before using this method. Then, if so, follow it to the t and it should work. I just something similar with my son..he was 2.5. I didn't know about this method at the time. It took 4 days for my son.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Please explain this method?
    My son is 3 1/2 ..... I swear he is never going to potty train *pulls out hair*
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You put them in underwear. You stay home for 3 or 4 days. You take them and have them try to go every 15 minutes at first, then when it is routine, up it to 30 minutes and so on. From the second they are awake until right before bed. Consistent and persistent.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Toribabe - I am currently researching it myself, I got interested in it after hearing about a friends success with the method. This is the website I have been reading about it:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc?page=1

Hope this helps!
    Dont lose hope, my now 7 yr old was about three and a half before he was finally potty trained.
    dakajazz23

Comment by dakajazz23 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my son just turned three the other day n ive been tring to potty train him since he was 1 1/2 he just didnt want to do it but like a week ago he just started running to the bathroom peeing in the potty but he still has bm in his pants but he doesnt pee n his pant anymore every once n awhile he does go to the bathroom when he has a bm so he is getting it so just have patients when they r truly ready they will get it
    angel_add_2003

Answer by angel_add_2003 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes I used it without trying really...
    My mom was all about my dd getting potty trained & kept putting her in panties (UGH!) and shed always pee in them. One day after cleaning up her mess I let her run around naked. (We kept her potty next to a chair in our livingroom). We got distracted with the TV (american Idol i believe) for a few minutes then I heard " I DID IT" ... And lawdyB.... She went PP all by herself in her potty!!
    The next morning I took her diaper off first thing (just a night gown)..she PP in the floor since she wasnt awake good enough. But the rest of the day PP in her potty perfectly... Around 3pm she Pooped in her room too (she had a trail cause she tried running to the potty, lol)...
    The 2nd day: No accidents. Just ran around in a long shirt... 3rd day: great... and so on..
    Friday (4th day)- We put some loose shorts on her & took her to the store (about 30min) and Saturday she went out with family in pant
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Panites/ Tight Pants/ Pull Ups all feel like a diaper.. so taking away that "security" can really help...
    My dd also got embarrassed when she would make an accident (which was only every few weeks)
    She was also night trained about 1 mo after being day trained.. She was about 26mo.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• bump
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I did do the three day weekend potty training with my daughter. We didnt go anywhere that whole weekend...she stayed naked for the most part and we put her potty in our livingroom which made it easy for her to go to when she had to go. The first day she had a few accidents, the second day even less and by the third day she only had one accident. She wore panties, pull ups and did great with day time training. She only had an accident once in a while and that was only becuase we couldnt get her to the bathroom quick enough. Few weeks later she was day time trained. She still had accidents at night so we kept her in pull ups for a few more months. In the last 10 month she has been completely potty trained. She is 3.5. We could have had her night time trained sooner but we moved and she did regress some. I wasnt not pushing her being everything was new to her. We also did a potty chart and got stickers. It helped!
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010