My 2 1/2 year old won't take naps anymore! How can i get him to take them again?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• You really can't. A lot of kids quit about that time. Make him have "quiet" time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Around that age im sure hes active as my 2 1/2 year old that rarely take naps id say take him to the park let him play and get all that energy out and after that a snack or lunch and hed be out like the lights momentarly
    Ahstarr

Answer by Ahstarr at 2:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• you could really wear him down with lots of activity but i honestly think that nap time is done and he's going to be awake all day long now
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• When my DD stopped, we had quiet time too, she would lay down and watch a movie. So would I :)
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 2:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Quiet time and physical activity before quiet time.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You can't really make him take a nap...all my kids stopped taking naps around that age...sometimes I wish they would still take one every now and then, but yeah, it isn't gonna happen! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• A wise friend once told me: "Stop trying to push the naps, life is much less stressful that way." Set some time for "quiet time."
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with quiet time too. I haven't hti that stage but that is my plan for when I hear "Mommy, I don't want to nap." "Oh, ok, well you don't have to nap, honey, you can just have quiet time. You can read or play quietly but you need to stay in your room for X amount of time and then Mommy will come get you." I have a feeling it won't be quite that easy but I like to be optimistic. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Our sons gave up their naps at 2. Quiet time can be a big help. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't think you can. Mine stopped naps about that age too. I suggest a quiet time like everyone else suggests. Those don't even always go well.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010