Seeing stars? Really need advice?

I am feeling a little nervous right now. I am 24 weeks pregnant and I woke up this morning feeling really weak and a little dizzy and very irratable. Plus I am seeing like these little dots that is blurring my vision a little bit. This is my 3rd baby but I have never felt this before in my other pregnancies, I had problems with pre-term labor as early as 28 weeks with my 2nd baby though.

mommatink83

Asked by mommatink83 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• CALL YOUR DOCTOR and explain your symptoms. Seeing spots can be a sign on HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE - Very dangerous. Other signs - feeling weak, dizzy, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I've always gotten those 'stars' second before I pass out. I realized the fainting always happened when I was hungry or just plain low on sugar. Call your doc if you're worried, but honestly it just sound like you may have been hungry or hypoglycemic too being that it was first thing this morning.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 2:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• when i was pregnant i remember seeing spots around my head when i look in the mirror. i didnt pay any attention to it i thought i may need to see the eye doctor soon but i later found out that i had preclampsia and i was told that was one of the sign. i gave birth at 36 wks 4 days. so see your doctor asap
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, Dr. now! Sounds like high blood pressure--dangerous.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree. It sounds like blood pressure. You could develop preeclampsia and it would explain those symptoms. Call your doctor because if it is, it is serious.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• you just described how I felt from about 25 weeks on. Sounds like your blood pressure is really high. You need to call your doc and ask to come in so they can check you out. Drink a few glasses of water too.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 3:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• First Call your Doctor and make an appointment,
    Second Have something to eat and DRINK,
    Third Stay in a cool room and inside away from heat.
    Forth and if it helps, Try to take a shower just a quick one to wash away the sweat and salt off your body, It is calming and relaxing.
    I have this same problem and I just have to relax.
    Sleeping with Twins is getting harder and harder to do these days but I am getting better at it.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• well I did call my Dr, and they want me to take it easy and they are going to see me on Monday (the ealiest appt they have), just in case my blood pressure has gone up.
    mommatink83

Comment by mommatink83 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010