strength training at home

Most of the time, I workout at a gym, but some days I can't make it. I'd like to have a few things at home to be able to strength train on the days I can't go to the gym. My husband already has some weights I can use, so what other inexpensive equipment would you put at the top of the list for working out at home?

Mom_2_cuties

Asked by Mom_2_cuties at 3:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• a large fitness ball... you can do tons of core stabilization exercises on one of those!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 3:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• the biggest loser videos are great. you only need one set of weights. i have 8 pound weights. all the videos ive gotten were only $13 at best buy. i have the last chance, cardio max, and weight loss yoga. yoga is great because it gives you long lean muscles, the cardio max is a lot of cardio but it does have some strength training too, and last chance is mostly strength training with some cardio intervals. i highly reccommend them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I also like the Biggest Loser videos, if you happen to be able to stay on that kind of thing. lol I have a bad habit of getting bored with the videos, not matter how great they may be. :) Fitness balls are great and inexpensive. You can do all sorts of things on them and I swear the difference in your "core" just like they claim.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Do alot of cardio...
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010