Do you vote?

Why or why not? And do you vote in just presidential elections, or everything?

I don't vote because I dont feel educated enough about the subjects enough and I dont think its right to vote for/against something you dont understand completely. And frankly, I dont have time to learn!

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No I didn't either because I didn't like the choices we were given and I didn't watch a whole lot of the elections to make a complete choice.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I vote every time there is an election. I'm in Oregon and I'd feel extra lazy if I didn't, we can mail our ballots in for crying out loud. lol

The only way to get educated and involved is to jump in head first. :) We may not always have time but it's important to make some.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't vote because whoever wins they lie until they get into office.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have voted in EVERY primary and election, both national and local for the past 24 years, since I was 18! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yup, especially in cases of local representatives and state senators, etc. This last one was especially difficult as we had many on the ballot with no prior political background.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Every darn chance I get. OP, you would do well to educate yourself. It's easy enough to do, there are even fun, simple online quizzes to help you get started!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes! It is my voice. It is me letting my choice in the direction I think is the best way to be known. I feel it is a privilege and an honor to be able to go and cast a vote. So many countries don't afford this privilege or the elections are a farce. Ours may not be perfect, but I wouldn't trade them for any other system on the planet.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes- there may be times I have not voted on specififc initiatives on a ballot, but I do vote.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, I first voted for Lincoln, and have not messed an election to this day.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010