C-section mamas!!!

I have an 7 inch long horizontal c section scar right above my pubic hair line. I have a numb patch as wide as the scar that goes up almost to my belly button. Maybe an inch below my belly button. It is completely numb. You could stab it and i wouldnt notice. Anyone had this? My ob says it happens sometimes and it should regain feeling, but some do not. Did you have numbness? How numb was it? Did you get feeling back? If so how long post partum? Thank you in advance :)

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 3:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ive had four c sections, and I do have this exact same thing. My last c section was 1year and 1.5 weeks ago and its still numb with absolutely no feeling at all. I dont think the feeling is ever going to come back.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 7:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• cars...everyone is different..yes I have numbness...and it's been almost 8 years...had to cut a lot of nerves to get my baby out...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Mine was that numb for over a year. My twins are almost 3 and it's not quite that numb anymore, but I still don't have normal full-feeling in that area.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yeah, i am totally numb. I can pinch it and scratch it or do whatever i want and i cant feel it. I am 13 months PP.
    carsonsmommytam

Comment by carsonsmommytam (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have my c-sectin scar(17 months old) and I have a scar on my right from when I had my appendix removed(14 years)....and BOTH my scar have that numb sensation. Sometimes they feel tingly. Sometimes, they feel itchy,sometimes I feel pulling or burning but mostly on the outside it just feels numb.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Mine was numb just like that for about 8 or 9 months. It still hasn't COMPLETELY regained all the feeling back but a big improvement from before.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yep...mine has an area that's numb too...I'm 9yrs and 6yrs out from mine...My OB says a nerve was pinched when they closed me back up too so I get awesome jabs of pain from that...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have had two c-sections. my son is almost 6 and my daughter is 14 months, I have never had any feeling after my first. Kind of wierd!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• So, is all of your numbness just on or close to the scar? Cause mine goes waaay up. Its like a 5inch by 7 inch square.
    carsonsmommytam

Comment by carsonsmommytam (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Mine is still numb (only 4 months PP) and goes about three or four inches above the scar.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010