How old was your child when you changed from slow release nipple to medium or slow?

Makenzi is 3 months old and i was just wondering if maybe its time to move to a faster flowing nipple. Or just leave it alone

KENZIKISSES13

Asked by KENZIKISSES13 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think he was about 2 months

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We waited until we switched from 4oz to 8oz bottles.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My baby is 3.5 months old. We just tried to switch last week. She HATED it. It was so fast that she swallowed so much air and kept choking. So we went back to slow flow for now.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• 3 weeks when we had to change him from 4oz to 8oz bottles
    Owensmommy32010

Answer by Owensmommy32010 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• about 3 months. he started to cry because he wasn't getting his formula as fast as he wanted so we switched him.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 4:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I want to say around 2 months. He went to fast flows. He would scream cause the milk wasnt coming fast enough.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i never did. any time i used a medium or fast nipple, he choked on too much formula. I would only switch if it seems like he's sucking way hard and not getting anything out
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• idk the age... when he ate a big enough bottle that it seemed to take FOREVER for him to finish it - lol... you will know when...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I switched to the medium when I changed bottle size. The fast allows for too much milk for him. He is 11 months now and being weaned off the bottle. He will never get to the last size.
    kberrey

Answer by kberrey at 6:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• When it started taking him a long time to take his bottle. If he always takes 6 oz and he used to take 10 minutes to eat it, and then it started taking him 15-20 then I would up the flow.
    JoeyJrsMomma

Answer by JoeyJrsMomma at 9:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010