Pea sized lump on my baby's chest?

I just noticed today while changing my 5 1/2 month old's clothes that he has a pea sized lump on his chest, and it is kind of blueish in color. It "moves" when you touch it, and it doesn't seem to bother him. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so what was it? I'm concerned about it and we can't get into the pediatrician until Monday or Tuesday. Any thoughts?

parkersmama08

Asked by parkersmama08 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is it kind of centered?? My son's' sternum (spelled that wrong sorry---) stuck out far when he was a baby. This could be what your seeing. Also, if you do touch it and it is moving, if could be a fluid cyst. My youngest son had one of these on his brow.

I don't think it is anything to panic about, but would still take him in on Monday just to be safe.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It is pretty much in the center of his chest. I thought it might be some sort of cyst... are those dangerous?
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• No the sternum is where the rib cage connects. It is not dangerous at all nor is most cysts. Still the best thing to do is just ask the doctor on his next visit.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2008