What do you think about taxes ? seriouse read the rest b 4 u answer !

Taxes were supposed to be temporary and once they say how much they could get taxes stuck . I have no opinion really I don't understand enough of all the government crap to have an opinion but what do you think ? would you rather pay taxes or no ?

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think America was founded b/c of folks fleeing taxes and seeking freedom. Now, America has becomean overtaxed nightmare and seems more like the land of complaining/whining rather than the land of the free. I say wipe the slate clean... tax only to pay off the deficit, for the transportation dept., public schools (all should receive an equal amount based on pop. of school), U.S. service people (including fire rescue, police, military etc), social security, disaster relief, a small social services dept. (that only caters to abused/neglected children, elderly, disabled, and victims of abuse), and finding clean energy. Citizens should receive deductions for all donations of food, money, and other items to charity. This way, folks in need would be cared for. And YES I DO think that people care enough to help. There. Problems solved and our nation would be out of debt and an independent super power once again ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I believe in a Fair Tax...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Depends on what I'm paying taxes for. Sure I'll pay taxes for the police/firefighters/military to get paid. Sure I'll pay for it to go to school. But I hate paying taxes to go to useless s*** that's not needed.

***

You mean, useless crap, like this shining example of where some of the stimulus money went?! *sigh*

http://www.billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_dc68bd8c-9f18-11df-9565-001cc4c03286.html

"Citing the need to ensure value for its taxpayers' money, Canada plans to close its side of a Saskatchewan-Montana border crossing that sees just five travelers per day — even as the U.S. side is undergoing an $8.5 million stimulus-funded upgrade...

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't mind helping to fund my gov. I have always felt I work. My money is mine to keep except for a small amount to the gov. Now, I work and the money is the gov.'s with a small amount for me to keep. It is all topsy-turvy. I am not suppose to work to support the gov. I am suppose to work to support myself and my family. Gov. isn't suppose to take care of the citizenry. It is suppose to protect us from foreign threats. The rest (postal service, libraries, highways, and ALL of the entitlements are fluff). The only way to really pay off all of this is to scrap everything but defense. It isn't possible, but it is the only way. If you have to borrow to spend, then you don't need to spend. It is simple. Cut entitlements. Not the amount - the entire programs. Trash them. We can no longer afford to be the largest employer (welfare) in the country.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Depends on what I'm paying taxes for. Sure I'll pay taxes for the police/firefighters/military to get paid. Sure I'll pay for it to go to school. But I hate paying taxes to go to useless shit that's not needed.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't mind paying taxes, I just think they're a little high and I feel like I get ripped off when the money I earn gets taxed and the money I spend. I would be more of a fan of a flat tax for everyone of like 10% (no more than that) and no tax on purchases.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm more for a fair tax system. I do not like how the government has managed to squeeze more and more out of us... and at the same time make so many feel it's still not enough? So man people have issues managing their own finances, I would think it would be even harder for them to track and see just how many taxes in total they're spending. I do not believe the government needs to be as big as it is. I do not believe they need to take as much as they take either.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i'm fine with most of the taxes i pay. we have to have roads, and schools, and i'm fine with helping people out who need it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Taxes go to important things, some unimportant, but otherwise all children in public school might not get an education ssince most families cannot afford to pay teachers out of pocket.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• exactly lorikeet
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2010