Do you have a kitchen aid mixer?

How much do you love it? What color is it? How often do you use it?

I want one SO BADLY!!!! I've been checking around for a used one, even and they're just a bit out of our price range, right now. My birthday's coming up, though, so maybe I'll get one! =)

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 3:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have a white one and LOVE it! Yes, it was around $150, but it's well worth the money. I bake & decorate cakes in addition to all the regular baking, and I'd have worn out 3 or 4 other stand mixers in the 6+ years that I've had this one. In addition to the cakes, I also use the KitchenAid to mix bread dough every week and I'm looking into getting the food grinder/pasta maker attachment for it. If this one dies I'll not hesitate to buy another KitchenAid.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i do not
    KENZIKISSES13

Answer by KENZIKISSES13 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• :) You know I do! ROFL.... The thing is, most people who have them, LOVE the, so unless you can find a crazy new bride who was lucky enough to get two, I really don't know if you will find one on the cheap. Do not settle for anything less. I was gonna get a the vintage looking Heritage MixMaster from Walmart until I read some reviews. There really isn't anything better than the KitchenAide. Have you considered buying somewhere you can get 6 or 18 months same as cash?
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have the original white one! I love it! I use it probably at least once a week if not more! I just recently did mashed potatoes in it and I loved that! I probably would have got the magnetic black, but it was a wedding gift and beggers can't be choosers lol. My grandfather-in-law was really worried that if he gave it to us I wouldn't use it, but like I told him my mom's never left her counter because she used it so much, and I plan on using mine as much!
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my kitchen is too small for a bulky mixer. i'd love to have one of the little wand mixers though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We have a black one, it's about 15 years old. It kneads dough SO beautifully.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, it's black and I used it one time. I like the hand held mixer better.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, I love it - I've had it for about 20 years and it still runs smoothly. I have a white one, but I'd love to have another color. I use it all the time, I love to bake. If you get one, check on eBay for a beater blade - it scrapes the sides of the bowl as it mixes the dough/batter. It's fantastic! I hope you can find one soon! Good Luck.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 3:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, i have one. Like a food processor? If thats what you mean, then yes i have one & LOVE it! Ity's silver & very shiny. Looks great on my counter. I use it a lot. It was a Christmas gift from my in laws a few years back.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have a standard white one. I use it at least once a week. My favorite thing to mix in it pretzel dough. Homemade pretzels are such a yummy treat :D I always give my kids some of the dough to play with, it is fresh playdoh every time. I also use it to make pie crusts.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2010