I’m staring at 3 ½ pounds of chicken, what should I make for dinner?

I don’t have cream of anything soup. I do have a flavor wave – LOVE IT!
Need to think of something quick that doesn’t involve a menu.

And there are 3 of us to feed and one is a 5 year old who eats like a bird, so I don't need the entire 3 1/2 pounds. Really I need to cook up 2 breasts.

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 3:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Is it all breast meat or is it whole chicken?
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• all breast meat
    Works4Mom.com

Comment by Works4Mom.com (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Bake it with some salsa on top.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well freeze some of it for another meal on another day. Do you have italian dressing? You can bake it in italian dressing. Another thing I do is if I have potato chips I use them for breading and bake it in the oven. Just dip chicken in egg wash(milk if you dont have egg) and drag through the chips bake in the oven. MY kids love that. Make a stir fry with veggies and rice.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well, just do the breasts. Maybe sauté them, slice them and put on a Big Salad, or make chicken salad sandwiches, or make stir fry, or just serve with buttered noodles and a side salad. :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• a little lemon pepper on the chicken and a little lemon juice put some zucchini in with it. Put it over some buttered spaghetti noodles and topped with parmesan.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Just fry it, all you need is flour, eggs and whatever seasonings you prefer and a good trick I have learned is right before they are done add 3/4 cup of wine (i've been using strawberry wine) to the oil and then finish cooking.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• pour bbq sauce over and bake or grill them
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 3:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Pound each breast half inch thick. Dip it into flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Add two tablespoons of butter and two tablespoons of olive oil to a pan, heat over medium to melt.

Add the chicken, sear on one side four minutes, flip. sear another four minutes. Check for doneness, remove from pan, tent with foil.

Add 1 or two cloves of garlic to pan, stir to soften, add 1 cup chicken stock or wine, a squeeze of lemon or dash of lemon juice if you have it, stir.

Return chicken to sauce, heat through. Serve with rice or pasta.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• bake it with italian seasoning
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010