If you decide not to vote...

...do you still feel entitled to complain about our current administration, or local government?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 3:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It seems to me that any choice brings the gift of responsibility for that choice & all of its possible & probable outcomes & results. It is my feeling that personal responsibility for one's choices results in inner peace, happiness, & a more expansive personal liberty within oneself & in one's experience of the world.

Doing or refraining from doing something is a powerful creative act, & it would be a pity for anyone to dilute that beautiful self-expression with something as limiting, unattractive, & counterproductive as complaining.

This is a wonderful question to pose, by the way! Thank you for doing so!
    Enchantee

Answer by Enchantee at 3:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i guess they still have the "right" to but it totally makes ZERO sense...

vote if you want to get your point across ppl! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Dont Vote, Cant Bitch Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Unfortunately the majority of the non-voters are the ones who complain the most. My mom being one of the worst. Her excuse for not voting is that "they're all crooks", "they all lie" & the most pathetic excuse of hers for not voting... "he has beady eyes" Ignorance at it's finest.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It is America. You have the right to speak out as much and a loud as you wish thanks to the 1st Amendment. These that don't vote don't seem to make the connection between the Constitution giving them a right and the privilege given to them to vote and have a chance to impact the country. It is the ones who realize this that have helped put us in the mess we are in. The responsibility of the privilege of voting is great. If they don't want the responsibility, don't vote - just complain. It has less of an impact.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I do vote as much as I can.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I  first voted for Lincoln, and have not messed an election to this day..

I don't waste my time debating somebody who does not vote.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Honestly, I'll accept whining from a non-voter more readily than I accept it from someone who just voted based on campaign ad rhetoric with no real research behind, only to realize a year later they screwed up. At least the non-voter isn't contributing to the problem.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have only voted once, This year will be my second time. I know that if I vote and what I want happens one single person can over turn it if it's not what they like. So really unless it is a unanimous vote, it doesn't for sure any thing.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• However I can bitch all I want I wasn't the idiot who put him in office.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010