Taxes

This is for the states that don't pay taxes. They don't pay house taxes,car taxes, or clothes taxes. How do your state fix your roads,or do PA. I think Texas,New York,New Jersey don't pay these kind of taxes. And if the state can still get stuff done every state can do this.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 3:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I mean the people that lives in these states don't pay these taxes.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We do not have a sales tax here in Oregon.

We do have property taxes and fees and taxes on all utilities/phone service..etc. Just like any where else, we have plenty of city & county taxes for this that and the other...

We pay an annual income tax just like we do to the feds. We have to file and pay. My family's income tax rate is 9% on every dollar earned.

Our state is highly dependent on personal income taxes, and business taxes, when it comes to the state budget. But
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• They usually have lots of corporate taxes and other fees that people pay. BTW, NY does pay state and local and sales taxes, I think NJ does, too.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I know some states have a lot of toll booths. In California we only have them for bridges and such, I know texas has them for certain main roads
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Texas has state sales tax, local taxes, property taxes, and you are taxed on cigarettes, as well it is pretty expensive to renew your registration and inspection sticker every year.. So I dunno who told you Texas doesn't pay taxes, lol.. But taxes are expensive here.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't have a clue. I live in NE Ohio and I'm paying taxes on everything... State Income Tax, 3% Local Tax, Property Taxes on my house, 7.75% sales tax on just about everything. I just found out that I have to pay almost $55 to have my drivers license renewed next week. They now charge an extra $20 to the city on top of the $34 to the State. We have a tobacco tax, we have a tax on pop, we have a tax on alcohol... This is on top the Feds... it is a no wonder this place is so depressed. My BIL and SIL live in Texas and Louisiana and they pay nothing...NOTHING....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• xxlilmomma09.... my BIL lives in Houston, they were in last week to visit and told us that they do not pay local or state income tax. Actually they told me that since we have such a poor quality of life here that we should just walk away from our house and pick up and move. Yeah, I'm gonna bail on my house that I have paid on for 16 years... I only have 5 more to go.... ruin my credit and hope we can find jobs elsewhere... Brilliant Idea! Let me get on that....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Woodwitch xxxlittlemama just said Texas was high. I heard just what u said. So I don't know who right.Read what she wrote its just above yours.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I grew up in Montana and we didn't have sales tax there. But the property taxes (according to my parents) were super high. I don't think any state has no way of taxing the population. Some states diversify how they get their funds- others focus on a few things.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I've lived in Texas my entire life. We do not pay state or local income taxes. We do pay state and local sales taxes and local property taxes.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010