OKAY SUPER EMBARRASSING QUESTION ABOUT LABOR

I heard horror stories about pooopin on the table when giving birth.... I'm super nervous this might happen to me. has this happened to anyone?... and can you really prevent in withlike an anema before... ew i never used an enama... see i can't even spell it... the thought grosses me out... and if i were to poop on the table who cleans it up? do they sweap it up right away? totally serious question guys!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There is so much other weird crap coming out of you (and i don't mean the baby) that poop isn't a big deal. Also, everyone who is in the room working has seen it happen before.
    also, it is better to get the poop out while in delivery rather than afterwords when you are sore and possibly stitched up.
    As for your SO, if he even makes a comment about the poop (which he wont see because it is cleaned up so quickly) remind him that if it wasn't for your pushing, there would be no baby:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i was 17 and in labor no one warned me ever about it and my mom never gave natural birth so she had no idea either....
    i did and i felt really bad and was soo embarrased, but now i herd alot about it and well its common.vdoctors are used to it dont fel bad, its not like you can physically control what coming out of your body at that moment.
    kahmommy

Answer by kahmommy at 10:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• The nurses are used to this kind of thing. my body knew the day before i was gonna go into labor so i had the runs all day before and didn't have that problem. i didnt poo either w my 2nd daughter. but you can ask them to do an enima. it doesn't hurt, i think it's just warm water flushing your rectum out. just remember, these are OB nurses, they're used to this kind of thing! you're on pad's through out labor, so they'll just change the pad you poo'd on. don't be embarrassed hunny.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• yes its true, but trust me you will not be embarrased by it, cause as the baby is coming out its at the same time putting pressure on your bottom, so there fore you poop on yourslf, the doctor cleans it or put a barrier between your bottom and the baby, trust me it will be the least of your problems, and completly natural
    epy108

Answer by epy108 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I did not poop on the table, but when I was at a certain dialation point the doctors tell you not to eat. Also, if you do, the nurses sweep it away, and it is never brought up again. If you do, you will have no idea. It also depends on how fast, and how hard your labor is. If I were you I would not be worried about that. The doctors, and nurses have seen far worse things than poop on a table. Think about it this way, if any of your nursed or doctor are moms, they have possibly pooped. Think about the amazing baby you have on the way. The minute you see/hold that amaing child you will forget all about anything that just happend.
    ZL2007

Answer by ZL2007 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I was super nervous about that. I told the nurse and she said if it happened that she would have it cleaned up so fast I wouldn't even know I did it ;-D. She was really nice. I farted once and she goes "Ignore it and keep on pushing girl!". When the contractions happened I did get really bad gas, but after awhile I just accepted it and focused on the pushing and my breathing.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If it happens, your not going to know with all the other stuff going on at the time. Doc/Nurses are completely used to this and you don't need to worry it. They will have it cleaned up faster than it came out.
    If you stress to much about, your going to make labor worse for yourself.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• thanks everybody... guess it still helps... i'm still nervous... I DON'T WANT TO POOP ON THE TABLE. my boyfriend keeps making fun of me and telling me to go poop on the table because he knows it's one of my birthing fears... if i really do, he'll never let me live it down. (like i can help it or somehting)
    Anonymous

• I pooped on the table with my third and before i knew it the doctor had it swiped up..... they see this everyday!!! not a big deal dont stress!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I did. Thought I'd be mortified, but I was a little too busy.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2008