tubes tied last week

ok i had my tubes tied the next day after my dd ... it was 8 days ago... question is is it normal for the incision to ooz.. it dont smell bad and its not green or infected looking ..also it looks like the cut is open i go to the dr monday for them to check it out but im worried about the oozing its alot and was thinking about goin to the ER... anybody had the same?

puppet24

Asked by puppet24 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Health

• your body is basically fighting what it thinks is an unnatural object...the stitches. Keep it clean. I used just a swab of peroxide (don't over use it because it does not allow the skin to heal but is great at eating the puss), a dab of neosporin and a clean bandage. Do this twice a day until you see the doc. Watch for any type of red striping from the incision, this is a sign of infection and you would need to see the doc immediately.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• In my experience, surgical incisions will generally ooze some. Take kscmbz's advice, and if that doesn't do the trick, check with the doc.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2008