Anniversary getaway

my husband and i will be celebrating our 5 yr anniversary next month and we live on ft hood, the reason why i said that b/c i wanna stay in the TX but go to a different city. we were thinking San Antonio and i've been looking for hotels on the Riverwalk. but idk what to do for the weekend and idk what gift to get him. any ideas

MommaSyrup07

Asked by MommaSyrup07 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are tight on money, the get away is a gift to the both of you in itself. If you can afford it, look up the tradition for 5 years and see if you can tie something in. Mine anniver is today, but it's the 3rd. Last year was cloth for the second and I got my son a Steeler jersey (my hubby's from Pittsburgh) and my mom is a photographer. We were home visiting from Ft Rucker AL at the time and we took him to a local college stadium and took lots of pix of him playing with a football, he was a year old. Then I made an album on snapfish....but I got the jersey and made the album for my hubby....he was super excited the baby had a Steeler jersey!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you're thinking San Antonio you'll have a lot of fun. If you're military (Ft. Hood(we're at Ft.Sill up in SW Oklahoma)) try getting a room on post at Lackland. We have stayed there before...and its really nice and just 1 more perk to the military. The prices are fair and if you wanted you could do a little apartment--its like a fancy hotel room with a kitchinette. The riverwalk is gorgegorgeous- we did the boat tour- you could go to some of the bars along the riverwalk at night....you could also do 6flags....
    szeimetz

Answer by szeimetz at 12:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010