Should the father of the baby that is soon to be born attend the baby shower?

Tanisha709

Asked by Tanisha709 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• If you want. He might be bored. Are you together? By your wording it doesn't sound like it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sure, if you want him to, why not? My dh came to our baby shower. Other men in the family came too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• thats up to him if he wants to or not. My dh attended the one that the girls threw for me!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Does he want to attend? I had my uncles and male cousins at mine cause they like eating. It think its a fun experience when they men are there
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my husband came to mine:)
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 4:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If he wants to. I'm not sure I know many men who would want to do that, unless it was a big family event. In my family the guys are there for a lot of things, because like Cladiomom, the men just like the food and socialization together.....they don't hang out for the gifts and games. But what we do around my home town is this...a Diaper Party. They guys have it as the same time as the ladies. They bring boxes of diapers and drink beer LOL. Gets you all stocked up on diapers!!!! Unless you are using cloth, maybe then they can help pay for them.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We had a jack and jill and it was so much fun!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sure if its a couples shower, My cousin went to one of the few showers thrown for his first baby. He was bored, but excited that he got to be a part of it. If he wants to go, then let him. If you dont want him to, then dont let him and tell him that. Its ultimately yours and his choice!
    Kya-AF

Answer by Kya-AF at 4:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I always love seeing the father to be involved!!!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yeah it would be nice my boyfriend came to my baby shower but he also invited some of his friends to so he wouldnt be bored so yeah it would be great to have him in the baby shower
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010