biscuit recipe?

You ladies have helped me out so much with my chicken I was wondering if anyone has a good biscuit recipe.

I've had it with rolls, my family wants biscuits.
What do you got?

If there isn't enough room, just put the first part of the recipe here and email me the rest.
If I use your's I'll mark it as best answer even if half of it is emailed to me.
Thanks.

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 4:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• 2 1/2 C Self raising flour
    1/2 C butter
    up to 3/4 cup butter milk, or regular milk if you don't have buttermilk.

Cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles corn meal. Stir in the liquid, a quarter cup at a time, until the mixture forms a ball.

You can either roll this into a disk, and cut with a glass or biscuit cutter, or drop by tablespoons, Dab the tops with extra milk or butter milk and bake at 450 until gbd.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you have some bisquick...have at it! If you don't but have a Betty Crocker cookbook, you can make them from scratch as it listed under homemade baking mix! :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• 2 c. flour
    1 Tbsp. sugar
    1 Tbsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 c. butter
    3/4 c. milk
    Stir dry ingredients together. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork or 2 knives until the consistency of small peas. Stir in milk until ingredients are moistened. Turn out onto floured surface and knead 3 to 5 times. Pat out with your hands until about 1/2 inch thick. Use floured biscuit cutter or glass to cut biscuits. Gather scraps, squeeze together, pat out again, and cut more biscuits. Repeat until all dough is used. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 450° for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown on bottoms.
    The key to good biscuits is to handle the dough as little as possible -- just enough to combine, pat out, and cut.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The recipe on Bisquick rocks, or any generic version of it - my family's favorite brand is Jiffy.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010