farmers market

are farmers markets a good place to just go stroll around and look at items?? I have a 2.5 year old and i'm a stay a thome mom...looking for different things to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• oh, my goodness, they are so much fun! and many of the stands offer samples, so it's a great place for a little one to test out their taste buds... Love it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Farmers Market... hell, I say go spend the day at a gianormous flea market that has a farmers market! SOOO MUCH FUN!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I suppose it would depend on the farmer's market in your area. Our local farmer's market consists of about 6 booths, give or take, so not much to see or do and they're all pretty small operations. When I want to do farmer's market type shopping, I pack a lunch & we head out to the closest farm that operates a farm stand and make a whole day of it.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• As the abover person said it really depends on the area. I know that our farmers markets in town is about 10 percent food and 90 percent interesting things to look at. It would be lots of fun. But if yours was primarily food I don't think it would be quite as interesting.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Definitely. Go early and bring cash. You'll see lots of stuff and you can get great food for much cheaper. There is a Farmer's Market near my mom's house and there is usually a baby goat there that little ones can pet. I'm a stay at home mom, too, and it's just nice to get out of the house and get a change of scenery.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• totally depends on your area. The most popular one in my area has a few booths and turns into a meat market/drinkfest at around 7p.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Not the one I go to - it's a few tables of fresh stuff and that's it.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Our local farmer markets are pretty big. I use to bring my kids to the markets so they could see all the healthy food that is grown around here. My kids loved it. I kind of turned it into a science learning thing for them.

MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 12:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I love going to the farmer's market and they have so many of them around here. Lots of great fruits and veggies and herbs for sale. And everyone is so friendly. I'm a photographer so I like to go and just wander and take pics. I think your kids would really enjoy it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Absolutely! Let your child pick out a new fruit or vegetable to introduce to the family

Answer by rkoloms at 5:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2010