freebirthing?

What do you think of this practice?

ToriBabe1221

Asked by ToriBabe1221 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I don't even know what it is....
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 4:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i think it is really cool but i dont think i could do it
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I wish I could do it..I think it is awesome. I want a homebirth, but, with a midwife on the side just in case. So, not exactly freebirthing, but, as close as I can get and feel ok.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My understanding is that, you receive no prenatal care and you birth unassisted by any professional in your home.
    ToriBabe1221

Comment by ToriBabe1221 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I personally believe prenatal care to be a good thing. Just for safety purposes. I'm all about home births but unsure how I feel about unnassited births. I suppose if I could have a successful home birth with a midwife, id be willing to try "freebirthing" but id want prenatal care, I think.
    ToriBabe1221

Comment by ToriBabe1221 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oh, I also meant I would get prenatal care. LOL I would want that and the homebirth with midwife around just in case.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Just knowing what I'm reading on this post, I wouldn't go for it. Modern technology is around for a reason. I wouldn't risk my unborn baby's life if there was an opportunity to avoid certain issues.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would never free birth. I don't feel comfortable with the risks of it. I have received prenatal care with all of my children, and have delivered in a hospital each time in case of medical intervention needed. If others want to do it, so be it! A woman is free to do what she wants with her body, but I don't think she should risk her unborn child's life in the process.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I see it as very risky and irresponsible. But to each her own... If I had a friend or family member who decided to freebirth, I would support their choice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i would have loved to freebirthed...
    but i had a lot of delivery problems with both kids.

if it was a problem free pregnancy and you had access to a midwife in case you needed it, then i say go for it.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 1:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2010