vbacs?

Do you believe "once a csection always a csection?"
What do you think of women who have vbacs?
What do you think of women who refuse them?
What do you think of vbacs in general?

ToriBabe1221

Asked by ToriBabe1221 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think its a private decision between a mother and father on what is best for the mother and child. My oppinion doesn't and shouldn't matter. All that matters is that the mother and baby are healthy.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• A vbac carries less risk than multiple cesareans, I think anyone who chooses major abdominal surgery is a fool.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think they are awesome and barring any issues, should be tried.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i was told u cannt have them any more
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You can. Some doctors just won't do them. Doctors are so damn scared of being sued and so afraid they might miss out on something if they have to come into a normal labor instead of a scheduled one that they prefer to just schedule everyone c-section.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• U were told you can't have vbacs?
    For the most part that is a LIE! However, a lot of hospitals do have bans on them. And a lot of drs won't do them.
    But as more people see the facts, that is changing.
    ToriBabe1221

Comment by ToriBabe1221 (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i had a vbac un willingly...ugg..do not wish to rehash that...but it is possible maybe not for everyone. But birthing decisions and parenting in general are all personal decisions. to each is own.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am trying so hard to have a vbac this time around. My dr. keeps saying oh we'll see later on. Twice she's said that I get to 'pick my baby's birthdate' and I get soooo upset and say, no I don't want to do that at all.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't see how I have the right to view anyone differently based on their birthing choices. I know there can be natural birth after C-section, but as the delivering mother, it's up to YOU and it should be. In no way is it my place to judge another women's choices on healthcare - and that includes birthing options... There are many other birthing issues I don't agree with over vbac, but again, it's the mothers choice, not mine.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Do you believe "once a csection always a csection?" Not at all.
    What do you think of women who have vbacs? Brave for making a healthy choice and may have had ti fight for that choice.
    What do you think of women who refuse them? I wonder about their reasonings and if they know the risks they are taking.
    What do you think of vbacs in general? In a hospital setting they are very safe and a better choice than repeat c for

most woman.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2010