What would you do if your husband said to you today that his money is his money and your money is your money?

My husband said this to me today...I just can't believe he's acting like hes single! A little while back he has been hiding some things from me...financially! I found out about them and he confessedand then today I asked him how he was able to go fishing when he doesn't have any money and he's like it's none of my business! I'm getting to a point where I'm just going to ask him would you prefer to be single or do to still want to be with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Make a plan to leave, and make sure you can support yourself and your children without him. If you can, tell him he can pay for everything, including a divorce and move out! It will either wake him up or show you what kind of man he is once and for all.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• your lucky in my house for the last thirteen years his paycheck is his and so is mine. I cant get out of the situation so I have learned to live with it. Get out if you can.
    Anonymous

• Me? I'd laugh because everything, including the corporation we own, is in my name.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I agree get out while you can or start charging him for meals and laundry service (I am sure you bought the groceries).
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 11:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• HEY THE BEST THING TO DO WITH THAT IS TO TELL HIM UR KITTY IS UR KITTY AND HIS DOG IS HIS DOG! IF U CATCH MY DRIFT!TELL HIS ASS TO TAKE HIS MONEY TO BUY SOME CAUSE EITHER WAY U GOT URS HONEY HA!HA! CHASITY IN SOUTH CAROLINA
    chasity101

Answer by chasity101 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• wow, sounds like a room mate and not a husband. Are the bills divided equally or at least proportionately to what each other makes?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I would go get MY money out of HIS account.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My husband has said that jokingly before but I knew he was playing because he always gives me money when I ask. Was he joking or being serious?
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Start charging him for everything you do around the house. Sex, cooking, and cleaning.
    Anonymous

• If you live in a community property state, he can talk all he wants, what his is yours (together) and what's yours is yours (together.)
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2008