Can I really lose wieght just by sweating???

It is super hot and I am literally dripping sweat. Are there any benefits to it? Like could I really lose wieght or does it really remove toxins? Just rumors I heard so is there any truth to it?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• Lose weight.. No.

Lose some toxins.. yes.

When you sweat you lose water that you body stores in it's tissues. That's it.

To lose weight, you actually have to exercise enough that you are burning a good bit of calories (compared to what you are taking in).

If you could lose weight just by sweating, there wouldn't be nearly the amount of overweight people running around as there are.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes, however your losing because your sweating out all of your water which you need. this is how fighters make weight they completly dehydrate. it not permanent weight loss. only umtill you rehydrate.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If so my hubby would be scary skinny and he's not...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No---when you sweat,you are losing water from your tissues, not fat from your body. It is good to sweat and everytime you sweat,your body removes some toxins but your KIDNEYS do most of that work. You have to move and do exercises, walk alot, lift weights to burn calories. ANd eat less too. THEN you will lose weight.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It cleanses your system of toxins too, but weight loss will be gained by a glass or two of water.

Answer by older at 4:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Not really. You might lose a little bit of weight, but it'll be replaced when you rehydrate yourself. Think of it like going to the bathroom. Sure, you lost literal mass, but you replace it later when you eat more food for the nurtrients. It evens out.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010