If you could go on a trip to Hawaii with your husband/SO for $2,000....

and EVERYTHING was included (gorgeous hotel, food, car rental, resort fees, gratuity, valet parking, airfare, etc) and you had the money, but barely, and would never receive another opportunity like this again would you go for it? Considering it wouldn't kill you financially, but it would dent your budget for a while.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You know your limits. However, if you think you will recover after a short while..............go girl. You can't take it with you, and opportunities aren't if you don't take them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Wow! What a dream! Yes. Hawaii is such a nice place to visit.

Answer by Bmat at 4:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would. I travel every opportunity I get.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 4:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Probably but honestly Hawaii isn't at the top of our list (but for $2,000 would probably be cheaper than where we really want to go), even though it would be a wonderful vacation I'm sure.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We lived in Hawaii for 3 years, thanks to the Army. We loved it over their. But I would not dent my budget to go on vacation to any where. If we can not afford it we would not go.

Answer by louise2 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I definately would.
    jenn1172

Answer by jenn1172 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Actually I did that in April.For 3 of us it was $3700 including airfare.So $2000 is pretty close.And it is worth every penny.It was the best time of my life.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Would love to but NO, I've learned that while you may think that having your budget take a hit for a short period may not seem like much, it can be. While I'm sure it would be a great trip... if I had $2000 I could replace my 30 year old stove and refrigerator.... :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would only go if I knew that my rent or mortgage was covered for two months and all my household bills,and food would be fine. My husband and I did this once and we ended up coming home to no money and no work. I also ended up sick in the hospital with pneumonia,which added $6500 to our already outstanding debts at the time. So make sure you won't go and come back to nothing or you WILL regret it. If you don't think you should do it follow your instincts and maybe do something else close by. GL in whatever you choose to do and I do hope you get a nice vacation you deserve it!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• define 'dent your budget' if it meant me having to skimp on some bills or pay something late then no. because those things till have to be paid back. once things get a little behind you start borrowing form Paul to pay Peter over and over and instead of getting better it becomes a hot mess. If a family member could loan me the money until tax time then I would maybe go for that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010