when is the right age to stop showering with your toddler?

im a stay at home mom i never ever had any reason to feel uncomfortable bathing till i was shaving my legs and my son was gawking at me since then i stop,hes 2 1/2.is it normal for me to feel so weird when im naked around him?

tzingillusion21

Asked by tzingillusion21 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I can see how it would hard to bath with your son. I am a sahm two and still shower with my dd who is 2 1/2. Maybe if your so/bf/dh is willing to shower with him that might help with his gawking at you. My dh won't shower with our dd so i understand.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 11:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• my daughters 4 and i still shower with her every once in a while! she loves it! buuut..i think if i had a boy, i wouldnt..not at this age anyways..id stop at around 2..im a single mom, my daughter goes to her dads every other weekend, if i found out they showered together id be sooo pissed!!! its ok for us cuz were both girls..but him and her no..just like i wouldnt if i had a son..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I agree with alexis 06, I shower with my 2 1/2 year old daughter, but I'm not to sure about a son. I recently read in a magazine that you should stop undressing and bathing with your child of the opposite sex at about 2 or 3. For a mother and son the issue is of the son falling in love with his mother (which natturally happens) and then getting sexually turned on by accident, cause thats natural to and he can't control it.
    crissym45

Answer by crissym45 at 5:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2008