Kaplan University

Anyone gone to this school before??

3jewlz

Asked by 3jewlz at 4:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Not me! Just wanted to let you know that if you are going to an on-line college, make sure you complete your degree with that school. The credits don't transfer from school to school in almost all cases. Also, make sure your future career will accept the distance learning degree.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• They are one of our clients so we work closely with them, but I haven't actually attended.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no never attended that school
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• There is a group here on Cafe Mom that is for moms that go to school. Can't think of the name of it at the moment, but you can do a search in the groups. It's pretty active and I have seen this school mentioned there before.
    pam

Answer by pam at 5:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• thank you for this information is necessary before on start.
    oba

Answer by oba at 5:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I take DL classes through our community college. The one thing that I do know about an on-line college is that it is very expensive. I checked into several on-line colleges and they were $300+ a credit hour. That is very expensive as far as I am concerned.
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 5:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No, but they keep calling me, my experience with Phoneix Arizona, was terrible and expense I would go local
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i know someone with a degree from them. they are a good school and they do have local branches, but they serve online college because most adults want online college now a days. if they call you its because you submitted your number to somethign for them and never tool it off the list. they are an expensive school but thats because they are a highly rated school.
    "Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. "
    all schools operate like that...even lil community colleges, their budget is et by how many students they get registered, they make less money with less students so of course they push for more. i ddi a paper in college on finance regarding college..trust me when it ell you that school sucks when it comes ot costs, i would know im still in college. kaplan is a good school but you can find cheaper ones that are still as good.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• check into the average cost per credit hour for your state. you dont need to use a school that is on the top of that list, but stay away from the bottom....wich school you got a degree from does make a difference for some people when they review your resume.

kaplan is not cheap.....i go to university of maryland online (i live in europe and i have never lived in mayrland but they have education centers on all bases with Univer. of maryland reps) so for me it was the best choice...my costs are 678 dollars per credit hour. that is not a cheap eschool. it is a lil pricey but not a lot, kaplan........kaplan is more expensive than university of maryland FOR SURE but it is not held to a better standard.

weigh all of your options. take into account you will also have book costs. next term coming up, one of my classes costs 143 dollars just for the books.
    if ou get loans..you will have interest....expensive expensive
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2010