is this normal?

is it notmal to have a heavy period while I'm pregnant? I took a test and it said I was pregnant then a few min passed and I got my period and tjhen I starded to get cramps snd as always cramps are painful! Lol but is this normal? I took 2 tests and they both came out positive and I was on my period

jmcwilly

Asked by jmcwilly at 4:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No... If your bleeding is that heavy, and you are cramping.. you might be having a miscarriage. I would go to the hospital or your OB/GYN to check to make sure the pregnancy is not a tubal or miscarriage.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It depends on what you mean by heavy. If it was heavier then normal and filled with clots then I would guess you had a miscarriage. If it was bright red blood then I'd get it looked at as soon as you can.

If it was brown blood then it could have been old stuff left over.

From the positive tests I am guessing you are miscarrying and there is still some HCG left in your system.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 4:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010