what if....

You or your husband was born with a genetic disorder and there was a 50% chance it can be passed on to any children you have would you be willing to risk having your own child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• I really think it would depend on what the disorder was. If it was something, that in the end, was going to take their life, then...Probably not. Really though, who's to say that your child would even get it? And honestly, they could be born with something else that could be threatening to them. Nothing is ever 100%. I would probably just take my chances and love my baby anyway :)
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• depends on what the disorder was
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It would depend on the disease but more than likely yes. I was a 50/50 baby as in whether or not I would survive my mom having surgery while 7 months pregnant, for her not to have surgery at that time she would have never walked again, and I am here so everything worked out. I believe that God never gives you more than you can handle so that is why I say yes, if God doesn't feel we could handle it I truly believe he wouldn't give us a shild with problems.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think it depends on how devastating the disorder was. Something like sickle cell anemia or something no I would definitely not risk it. I would probably look into adoption, or foster care. It would be really hard to deal with, but I don't think I could risk that child's health.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If that was the case, we would adopt a newborn.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Absolutely not!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No, I would not have children if I knew that could happen.

Answer by louise2 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Depends on what it is. I have a genetic disorder and it was a 50-50 chance my children will get it. I didn't want to have kids because of it but I got pregnant on BC both times and now I'm getting my tubes tide. It's not like it's some horrible disease but it's not nice one. I get non-cancerous tumors every where but in rare cases it can get bad. If i didn't get pregnant I would have just adopted. I wanted my tubes tied earl but I have to be 25 yrs old in the state I live in regardless on disease.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Forgot to ad my daughter has it but my son doesn't, I got pregnant on BC with him as well. Hormonal BC doesn't work for me and they didn't find that out till after I was pregnant with my 2nd.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010