My baby missess daddy...

So my S/O took a job two hours away and had to move VERY quickly. Like, he is living in a hotel because we didnt have enough time to find a place to live. Anyhow, he left on Sunday and will be gone basically for a month, we'll be lucky to see him on the weekends until we move down there in Sept. and my 2 y/o has already told me about six times she wants to see daddy. I'm having a really, really hard time with it, because she is too young to understand. We talk to him on the phone, but she just says, "Daddy I see you?"

Anyone have tips on how I can help her understand and/or deal with it? TIA

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aww :( poor girl. Im sorry. That is soooo cute though! I don't have any advise for you but Ill give you a bump :)
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oh poor baby! give her lots of extra hugs for daddy,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• That's sad. :( I don't know if she'll be able to understand, but do you have pictures and videos of him that you can show to her? That might help some. September isn't too far away, hang in there. Congrats on him getting a new job. :)
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Not much help, but do you think she's too young to video on the computer with him? I don't know if she would understand. Have lots of pictures of him around.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Maybe you could make a photo album that she could carry around, with pictures of her and her daddy? When my husband has to go away for work he loads up a teddy bear with hugs and kisses for my daughter.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Poor baby. Is there a way that you both can get webcams and skype each other? My DH travels alot and my 14 month old dd loves to talk to him on the webcam.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 6:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• if he has a laptop and you have a computer maybe you can get Skype and do that. That might be fun and she'll get to see him and talk to him.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 3:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Aww that's sad, well can you guys Skype or get on Yahoo through the webcam? That way she can see and talk to her dad, maybe not touch him. There isn't much you can really tell her since she is still pretty young to understand exactly what is going on.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2010