Yearly flu vaccination should begin in September as per CDC. Are you and your family getting the shot?

Honestbest

Asked by Honestbest at 5:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My daughter is getting hers in November. It may be coincidence but she's got one every year and hasn't had the flu. For me, I could get a dozen shots and still get it. :-(
    She may not get it next year though. It's recommended for kids with immune problems and heart problems. This year she still technically has a heart problem, but will hopefully be cleared of it in February. :-) We'll see about next year, but I've already got her appointment made for this year.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• NOPE flu shots are one of the shots I wont give my children same with the HPV and another one I cant think of at the top of my head
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Nope, thats what our immune systems are for. Never have gotten one and neither have my kids. We haven't even had a cold in this house in three years...we are good to go!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I get the flu shot. My older son gets the nasal mist and the younger one gets the shot. My older son HAS gotten the flu and was extremely ill for over a week. If I can avoid that again, I will. I know nothing is definite, but with how seriously ill he was with the flu that year, I would feel guilty if he ever got it again and I did nothing to try and prevent it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Nope. My boys have gotten it a couple of times when they were babies. The rest of my children have never gotten it and have never gotten the flu.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• NOPE. It's only a vaccine for certain influenzas. And they could get the flu anyways. And you have no clue in a decade what that shots affects could be. No thanks!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm not positive yet, but I don't think so.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• NOPE! Never have..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes! I'm a teacher...so I consider it a must...it's free for me!! And my husband and children get their free shots at an annual local drive thru hospital event--so much easier when they're strapped into their car seats! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I haven't missed getting one since 1987 after having brain surgery the first time. So YES I will plan to get one this year as will our DD.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010