Is there a certain time that a baby is supposed to turn head down?

Just curious because I could feel my babe kicking up and down at the same time (I'm just shy of 27 weeks)... Is there a certain time that they need to turn in order to avoid being in a breech position at birth?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 5:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope. Some babies don't turn until labor.. Some baby position themselves much earlier.. and some stay breech the whole time.. Every baby is different.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Every baby is different, some turn weeks before they are born, some don't turn until after labor is already progressing, some just don't turn, and that's ok, you can still have a vaginal birth with a breech baby.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Wanted to add, there are things you can do to encourage a baby to turn head down as you get closer to your due date, check out: http://www.spinningbabies.com

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Nope they can turn at anytime.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am 35 weeks and the baby is still breech! O.O I am hoping she will turn soon.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010