constipation in 7 month old

my 7 month old daughter has constipation and we've tried everything kayro bottles, prunes juice and babyfood, pear and apple juice and they work for acouple of days really good and then she becomes constipated again...i also called the dr n the nurse said to give her a kayro bottle in every bottle everyday until she straightens up but she has been spitting this kayro bottle up A LOT and hasnt helped her at all!! she goes to the dr in acouple of weeks for a check up so im goin to see about changing her formula maybe....she is on gentlease right now..is there anything i can try so she won't be constipated anymore? also her diet hasnt' changed any...we've had this problem since she was born n they've changed her formula once. please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well when i was a baby my mom gave me suppositories up my butt and I was a lot better.
    virgomom1988

Answer by virgomom1988 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Apples have pectin...they make the baby more constipated. There is a great OTC baby med calledFletcher's ROOT BEER FLAVORED Liquid Laxative for Kids relieves Constipation - I have used it with mine, it is gentle and works well. The best however, is to keep baby hydrated, WATER and be mindful what you feed the baby. A good balance of choices is better. Many love bananas however, too much of any thing is not good.
    marthageneric

Answer by marthageneric at 5:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• try the prune juice consistently. my son had to have watered down prune juice every day or every other day for at least 6 months when he was a baby. some babies dont just get constipated once, its for months and months, so whatever u try, keep up with it, dont just use it once and give up. my son outgrew the constipation but now at 1 1/2 years he still gets constipated if i give him bananas. just be consistent and keep trying
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Please stop the Karo. It is a health risk, as it may contain botulism.

Many doctors still recommend the corn syrup for constipation, but this is a practice we would like to see stopped. The reason is, in recent years, studies have shown that corn syrup *can* harbor botulism spores, which are a deadly toxin produced by bacteria. While adult immune systems may be able to handle the minute amounts that could be present, a baby would be at a very increased risk.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 7:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• REAL fruit, not jars or juice. juice has too much sugar and 0 fiber. jar food lacks fiber too.

Water apricots pears prunes plums

No cereal. its binding and and too much iron is constipating. no karo its not good for babies as the pp said
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• my daughter had that problem. they switched her formula to sensitivity and said to use gas drops and suppository laxatives that melt....she doesnt get constipated that much anymore .
    casey2010

Answer by casey2010 at 6:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2010