Would you apologize?

I said some things about people that I didn't mean. It took me a few years to realize what I said was the result of how things were going at home. I am really sorry about anything I said or did to these people. Should I contact them and apologize?

proudmama1207

Asked by proudmama1207 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Yah, apologize, the worst that can happen is they dont accept your apology but atleast you tried to do the right thing. :) Good luck and it's really nice to see someone wanting to right there wrongs. Sorry you were having problems, hope everything is going good for you now.
    Anonymous

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• THAT IS WHAT I WOULD DO , IF THEY CANT FORGIVE U THEN THEY ARENT WORTH UR WORRY HUN! CHASITY IN SOUTH CAROLINA
    chasity101

Answer by chasity101 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Thanks. My parents were fighting and in an emotionally abusing relationship that rubbed off on everyone. I know that my behavior toward these people was a result of that.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If you know that that is what caused your problem, what are you doing on this site? You should be talking to them now and explaining the situation. If they understand what was really going on, they are more likely to forgive you.

Go on! Get on the phone or over to their house! You'll feel better when you do!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Yes. If you feel badly about it, you should definitely apologize. Don't expect anything in return, and if they don't respond well, that is on them...but at least you'll know you did the right thing.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• yes yes yes! If it will make you feel better and if you feel like these people are worth your time to go back and apologize I would. You dont want to regret not doing it!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes, bc it shows that ur mature enough 2 step up & admit u were wrong bc sumx that's the hardest part. And I agree w/ the other responders that stated that if they don't accept , that's on them.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You will feel better if you do too!!
    Scrapmom73

Answer by Scrapmom73 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes - if that's what you feel; if it would make you feel better
    and you know it's the right thing to do when it's been on your mind -
    luvbeinhermom

Answer by luvbeinhermom at 11:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2008