How can I cope with my depression naturally?

I am almost officially off of my anti-depressant. I am very happy about this, however, my body does not know how to deal with the overcast of emotions! I feel depressed right now, and I believe that I can learn how to manage this without those drugs. Do you have any tips on how I can do this, get out of my slumps? They are not all of the time, but I'd like to re-learn how to make my day better when they do.

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• excercise daily. You may also want to look into one of those lights (the name of them escapes me ) they give off light like the sun. You sit in front of it every morning.
    Eat healthy
    and go talk to someone if possible
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• they to think happy thoughts and when u start feeling sad go for a walk or do something to take ur mind off of it! they say u should exercise too! i google it a while ago for my husband! he has to be on the pills and even then they dont always work! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Make sure if your exiting depression meds that you follow the directions exactly. You shouldnt go off of them cold turkey. Doesnt sound like you are, but just want to make sure you know that anyway.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• When you feel depressed, go do something for someone who has it worse than you do. I volunteer at 2 different places once a week. What I do at both those places is greatly appreciated and it brings joy to the life of other people. That is really the stuff that happiness is made of, and it's very hard for happiness and depression to co-exist. It has worked for me now for a number of years. The worst thing one can do when she is depressed is stay by herself and think about how depressed she is. Also, search yourself for hidden angers. Anger turned inward equals depression. I had some really old stuff that I had been angry about for years and had never gotten rid of it. So that's another thing that will help you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010