can i take up LNA course with out diploma?

i was graduated in high school but i have no diploma. i can not get it because the office of our school was burned. i was graduated in the philippines. now i'm here in the USA ,married w/ one daughter...i'm planning to take up LNA course so that i can have a job and support my family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in

• you will have to take the required coursed before hand and they will probably have you take the GED test before hand if there is no record of you graduating
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am a CNA and at least here in NY you need a high school diploma or GED to take the course. You may have to take a GED course if you cannot get the records of your high school diploma
    G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with the PPs. If you can not provide proof of your high school diploma, you will be required to obtain a GED before your LNA course.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Even if your school office and their records burned down, you SHOULD be able to obtain a copy via the central registration office in the Phillipines.  Maybe this form will help?!

LINK

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think they might make you take an entrance exam and they will probably want to see if it's true that your school burned down before they let you take any college courses. But good luck I hope they let you in!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010