Step Kids

So a week ago my husband told me he has twins with his ex.So now they are living with us and they dont like me so wht should i do.

KaylaPollard

Asked by KaylaPollard at 5:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you can join a stepmom group here on CM. search "step mom" and groups will come up.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 5:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• did you judt find out about the twins?? or did you put that in there as background info???? A lot of SK do not like the new SP. Your DH has to stand up for you to them and explain to them that they do not have to like you BUT they do have to respect you and Do as you ask. They are living in your house and as their Dads wife they need to be treated with respect.
    I never liked my SF but I was never rude or disrespectful to him, My mother would never have allowed it. He wasn't cruel or abusive in any way I just didn't care for him. And to be honest I think it was mutual. And it didn't bother me as I was not looking for a father or a friend. BUT your DH needs to show them a united front when it comes to the 2 of you....G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you just found out that your husband has twins with an ex, you have more issues then just the kids not liking you. But other than that, I think that justgrape has a lot of good advice, especially that whole respect conversation.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• thanks guys for the help.I really appreciate the help.
    KaylaPollard

Comment by KaylaPollard (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would RUUUNNNN!
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You and him talk 1st to get on the same page then talk with the kids...good luck...and find out whatelse he hasnt told you...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• well i left him, cuz his kids were like hitting me and being really rude and i asked him to control them and he said NO they can do wht they want to....
    KaylaPollard

Comment by KaylaPollard (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010