Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can you make sure no one is getting government services in

your name or your kids names?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I believe you could go in, with your identification, and ask. It's not something you could do over the phone or Internet. Call your local department, let them know what you suspect - I'm sure they will help, they don't want fraudulent people receiving services, KWIM? (I don't think they would tell you who was using your name though, if someone was.)

    Answer by Scuba at 5:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • go to dhs and ask.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • cant just go ask there are privacy rights protecting that even if the names were stolen

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • I don't know

    Answer by kaedrasgma at 5:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • apply your self and if they say they already have your and your kids names in the system go from their filing all the papers and stuff so the people get caught and get what they deserve !!!

    Answer by msh88 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • My son's BM was getting services in his name so, I reported her for fraud. Don't know what happened though. What makes you suspect it?

    Answer by matthewscandi at 5:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

  • are you kidding? privacy rights that protect people that may have stolen my identity?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

Next question in Money & Work
In your experience...

Next question overall (Diet & Fitness)
Step Kids