Giant baby?!

So my son is not even two yet..wont be until december and hes still above 95th% in height and weight! Pedi tells me hes the size of the AVERAGE 3 year old!! K great hopefully he'll be athletic to go along with all that size!! But problem...everytime were out people talk to him and try to ask him questions that he doesnt really know yet. Yes he can talk but not that great! People look at me like i have a slow kid, other children his SIZE get frustrated because he cant talk or play like they can yet. IDK what to do i feel like screaming at the adults when they look at me like my son is slow, and i feel bad for both my kid and others because i dont know how to explain hes just a giant!? I almost lost it when i hear people whispering about him at the WIC office!! I feel like im going to go through this over and over and i just dont have the patience!!! GRR anyone else have a big ol baby!!!???

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son has been off the charts since he was under 1 year old, in height, weight, and measurements. It's genetic for him. We are all very tall. He is almost 6 now and when people talk to him, they think that he is in 3rd or 4th grade usually and they give me an odd look when I say that he is in Kindergarten. During a 4th of July picnic, a 10-year-old girl came over to me and told me that my son was really cute. I told her that he is only 5 and she was very embarrassed. lol

Right now, he is 68 pounds and around 4'4".
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I do! My baby just turned 1 and he's almost the size of his 3 yr old sister. He's always been the 98% in height and weight. He's 33 inches my daughter is 36 and his 27 lbs and shes 30 lbs. Our pedi said he's going to be a very big child and probably pass his sister in a couple of years.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oh Momma! Big hugs!
    My MIL tells a story of when my husband was a baby he was really large. One day he was riding his big wheel on the sidewalk and an old lady came up and told my MIL that she shouldn't be letting that big boy play on a baby toy. My mil said that he was only three and the lady screamed at her "OMG what a liar! Your boy is at least 6 and shouldn't be playing on the baby toys. You just don't want people to know he is retarded so you lie about it." My mil was so dumbfounded all she could do was sputter. The old lady stormed off in a huff.
    Now my husband is 6'2 and 210lbs. He is just the right proportions.
    Just make sure you are feeding him healthy foods and making sure he has plenty of activity during the day. And try to ignore the idiots.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My son came out looking like a 6 month old. He was 10lbs at birth and he has never stopped growing. He is 16 now and over 6 ft tall. You get used to it, and sometimes I promise you will laugh about it. Gotta love our big boys!!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would just say "He's only 2" and then ignore them. If they can't tell the difference between how a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old act, then they are morons and deserve to be ignored. I have a big baby too. He's 3, but has always looked at least a year older than he is. One time I muttered "He might be big, but he's smarter than some adults, and more sensitive too." LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Just explain to them he's only one and that he's just big for his size. It's that simple.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My son is really big for his age too.... he's finally slimmed down but he's very tall and people assume he's older than he is frequently too. He just turned 2 and he's 36.5 inches tall and 30 lbs.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• thank youLOL Erin...thanks mamas....im sensitive about my babys!!! I would assume he gets his size from his dads dad!! their side of the family has men that are almost 7 feet tall!! unfortunately my side are the heftys!!! he got the combo!!! my little line backer!!! Atleast im not alone!!!! i feel a little better now! :)

sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010