Do you agree that giving your child formula will make her/him a picky eater?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I could see it being possible, but I think it's more how the parents introduce solids and whether they let the kid win when they start to get picky. And also how the parents eat themselves. My cousin's kids are the pickiest eaters in the world. Yes they were FF, but my cousin has never made them eat anything. She just gives them whatever they want and that is usually junk. Her husband doesn't eat any vegetables other than french fries if you want to call that a vegetable. She pretty much makes something different for everyone for dinner. It's ridiculous. That is what makes a picky eater IMO, not the fact they were FF.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i know that this isnt true because my son has never had a sip of breast milk and he doesnt have a picky bone in his body. he will eat anything
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No! I was formula fed and my mom never had a problem with me being a picky eater. My kids were breast fed not picky eaters. I think picky eaters are more due to the subtle clues that parents give out and don't even realize, rather than the kids themselves.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Nope! Sure don't! My son and daughter were/are formula fed, and they are great eaters!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No! My son was formula fed and let me tell you he wasn't picky and til this day isn't picky (he is 8 now).. He ate all the good stuff that we parents want our children to eat.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• nope. All my siblings were formula fed and none of us are picky at all.....
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• nope, they only become picky when people stand over them and tell them over and over they don't like certain things.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i'v never thought about it but i guess it's possible. when they breastfeed they taste everything you eat, and with formula they only get to taste that.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no my daughter was ff and she would eat anything that we put in front of her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My son had a month or BM and then all F...he is picky.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010