need income, live in the country, want a job that doesn't take ALL DAY to get to, want to be with the kids, all at the same time... IS there a lagit job/career out there that doesn't cost to start work? Oh did I mention I NEED INCOME, can't afford to pay someone to let me work for them...

Rathana

Asked by Rathana at 5:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• daycare
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• work at the school that way you have same days off as well as vacations
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• tried the local school was turned away because I haven't been in the working world for over 5+ years, so therefor I was not qualified for the position no matter what... as for the daycare from my home thing, in my state we are only allowed 3 kids in a home including your own (I have three kids already of my own), I have already checked into that one (it was one of my first thought).... any other ideas... Been going to online school for Graphic Design however freelancing is a bit slow these days.
    Rathana

Comment by Rathana (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Do you want to work at home? There are a ton of things you can do from home that doesn't cost money. You can basically turn any hobby or interest into a home business. I do have some ideas and opportunities listed in my Blog: Mavi's Home Work.

Also, remember there is always eBay.  You can make the most money and the quickest money by selling on eBay.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Paying a home business the start up cost to start a business is not "paying someone to work for them", it is buying your own "franchise" and working for yourself. You call the shots. I don't mind working hard, I just like picking the hours I work. That's why a home business works great for me. The amount of money I earn is based on my efforts, not someone telling me how much I can be paid.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I can show you what is working for me. My daughter and I have been working from home and having a great time doing it. We live 60 miles from the nearest grocery store...so, yes we wanted a job that wouldn't take all day to get to. If you are interested in looking at what we do, just let me know and I will share.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 11:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• well there is always Mcdonalds, burger king etc and the local grocery store
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have the same goals. I became a Rep with Juice Plus and I feel like the girl who has it all. I work part time, make money, and I can be with my family. If you are interested in finding out more let me know.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010