How can I get my son to potty train?

I have tried so much and nothing seems to work. He is a 3year old with adhd and autistic like... i need help

redfairybaby

Asked by redfairybaby at 11:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would try fruit loops in the toilet. Worked like a charm with my lil guy. Put like 5 or so in there and tell him to shoot the "yellow" one, helps learn colors too! Sneaky I know, but they love it and it's something to focus on.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My son is 3, 4 in March. We finally got him potty trained the end of summer. He goes pee no problem, but when it's time for #2, it's almost as though he's afraid. He loves to spray stuff, anything, so I told him if he goes poo on the pot he gets to spray the air freshener so it's not stinky, he loves it.
    Anonymous

• One thing you can do is offer rewards and punishments for his behavior . This is known as the token economy. Basically, if your child uses the bathroom properly, he or she should be rewarded for their good behavior until it becomes second nature. If the do not, take away something they like. furthermore, I strongly suggest you check out this incredible website called Nogginpower2. One thing I learned from Nogginpower2 is that they have an excellent set of readings on Discipline and Getting a good Night Sleep/Bed Wetting. Both of these manuals from Nogginpower2 will help you train your child to be responsible about going to the bathroom when "nature calls". They would that way learn to become more aware on the social norms in the world that they live in. Thank you and good luck.
    paulacolls19715

Answer by paulacolls19715 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2008