Do you attend church, Do you feel that Church attendance is necessary to being a Christian?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 5:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I do attend church. I can only speak for myself when I say its really important for me to go every sunday. it keeps me connected with God and I learn a lot. I do take what I learned in church with me into my daily life. That helps so much to keep me focused and grounded...:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no I don't think people have to attend church to be good christians, In fact I know a lot of people who go all the time who are not good christians and a lot of people who hardly ever go or never go who are good christians. I think it sometimes really depends on the person/people not so much whether they attend church
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes and no. church is a tool for Christians...a place to worship, a place to volunteer, a place to learn, a place to socialize w/ ppl w/ the same beliefs, a place and time to focus solely on God. however the majority of church goers ive met over the years use their perfect attendance as a reason to not think about their faith the rest of the week...seems like its doing the opposite of edifying.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I go on occasion. When I am lost and feel alone. No I don't think going or not defines your love for god. My relationship is with him not church.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I go regularly and bring my children. It's something I'm drawn to do as opposed to something I "have" to do.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm not going to say it's necessary, but it's definitely good for me and my family. It helps you reconnect, and renew your strength to go out in the world and do it all again for another week, it's also good to make friends and make connections and fellowship with others with the same beliefs, to be surrounded with other Christians is comforting and refreshing. I think a big part of being a Christian is actually "wanting" to go to church, to be around others of the same faith, and to actually "want" to worship and praise the Lord and read from his word. Sure you can do that on your own, but finding a good church family really makes a huge difference.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I was out of church for almost 17 yrs. Then my mom started going(she has been out of church all my life til a few months ago) to the 1st Bikers Church of Texarkana. Its one of the first churches I have ever gone to that truly has people that embody what Christ wanted us to be. Of course we are all human so there are times when we fall short. We just have to try harder and pray harder. :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Church is supposedly a place for fellowship and connecting to god. And if you are one of those christians who is only a christian in church, then of course you need it. It's like a drug addict who needs the atmosphere of the church to keep going--to get high again. If you are one of those who has your deity with you every moment of every day, then you don't need the godslave "fix" that church provides. It doesn't make any difference in what kind of christian you are. It just re-energizes that "high" that so many christians need.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• For fellowship its necessary for growth as a Christian.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010