Is church attendance necessary to be a good Christian?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 5:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• In my opinion, no, not at all.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No, not at all. You can be a believer and not go to church.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My ex told me yes, but i dont think so!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• nope! i don't attend all the time. but i'm sorry things happen, engines blow-up, it's too far to walk, the weathers not right to walk. it happens, and don't forget you do get sick. there is no way to attend church all the time. my pastor got sick and couldn't come one time. it happens. if you would like to talk let me know.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• nope it is about a personal relationship with HIM, not church attendence
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 6:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Although I think it's possible to be a christian without attending church, it's important to hear the word of God to grow in your faith, learn more, and support your fellow christian friends. I don't think you'll go to hell if you don't attend, but it's like going to school, if you don't go and learn, you'll never realize what you didn't know and you're robbing yourself from the opportunity to grow.
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 6:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My personal thoughts are this.

No, going to Church does not mean you are a good Christian or a bad one.

I also don't think that: Temple attendance makes one a good HIndu, Gurdwara attendance makes one a good Sikh, Mosque attendance makes one a good Muslim... etc............ I've seen many a person who was anything but a good person, sit down on in a pew (or on their prayer rug, or sit down on the floor in the Gurdwara or Temple......ect) who as anything but a "Good" whatever it was they professed to be.

Being a Good ___________, is about belief, action, how you live your life and treat others... Not about the building or place you praise or worship. If a person believes in God, they believe no matter where they are at. If a person praises God, they can do so where ever they are at, a person can worship God and give Thanks at anytime, at any place........

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm not religious at all, but I grew up in a very Christian home and we attended church once every year or two. I would never knock my parents faight, and I believe that as long as you know 'the word' and accept the beliefs of Christianity into your life, God doesn't care if you show up or not.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 6:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010