What did you go to college for? Did you end up using it at all?

I am not a college graduate. I dropped out after a few days of school. I do have my high school diploma. I've been out of school for over 3 years now and I'm ready to get my behind back in! So I'm planning on taking online classes with the University of Phoenix to get a Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Accounting. I'm not 100% sure that that's what I want to do, but it's a start!

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in

• I am a junior, completing my BA in Psychology with minors in Criminal Justice and U.S. History. I will most likely not use any of it. It was just a personal goal to accomplish. My loyalty lies with homeschooling my children and running a household right now.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have a business degree....I have never used it! lol. It bores me though, and I only picked business because I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I was forced to go to college when I did.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have my MSW (masters in Social Work). I was a Social Worker/Case Manager (worked on both the state and county level)O for nearly 20yrs.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I started College with the intentions of getting a degree in Business, I fell in love with art history, I got preggers and that was it.... I withdrew 17 years ago. That College is now literally in my back yard and I walked over and updated all my info recently. When my oldest son starts next year I plan to go back to get certified in Medical Administration. I am lucky enough to live between two very large hospitals and several smaller satellite hospitals owned by the Cleveland Clinic. :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Majored in Pastoral Studies, minored in Youth & Christian Ministry. Used both pastoring a church with my husband.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have a BS in Bio and have never used it. I call my diploma my $60,000 piece of paper.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would suggest really doing your research on private online colleges such as the University of Phoenix. They are not always what you think. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm currently going to school for Informatics and I'm already using it because I've gotten side jobs that require either the coding or tech writing skills from along the way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• well i have a bs in animal science, concentration of pre-vet. i got a job as a zookeeper (hard work and little pay!). i got the fast track certification to become a teacher (special ed. hs teacher). again hard work and little pay. now i'm a sahm but that is hard work and no pay so i guess i'm going downhill lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I didn't go. If I did go as an adult I would like to do sociology and psychology.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010