Why do some women take Clomid on cycle days 2-6, some on days 3-8, and some 5-10?

Why does it vary so much? It makes me wonder if my Dr had me taking it on the wrong days. : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think that any of the days would be wrong. Doctors prescribe it according to your needs. But i have heard that if you take too early, such as days 2-6 or 3- to 8, you have more changes of developing too many follicles. leading to cysts. I also heard that, it increase your chances of having twins. But, I don't know for sure if that is true. My doctor prescribed me clomid days 5-9. GL
    amandatavisk

Answer by amandatavisk at 7:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Taking clomid days 3-7 is to grow more follicles. Taking it days 5-9 will allow you to grow more mature follicles. However my RE advised that it was better to start on days 5-9 because it allows for more cycles on clomid than if you started on 3-7.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 9:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010