black or blue cohosh to induce labor???

I was going for a VBAC, but since i am getting overdue I have a scheduled c- section for Sunday. If I go into labor before Sunday, I won't have to have a c- section... I have been trying pretty much everything but the Cohosh. Anyone have any info or personal experience or either black or blue Cohosh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, my midwives used Blue and Black Cohosh to induce labor because I had been in labor for 3 days and was not progressing (my first child). But I would not try anything like the Cohosh without being under the care and supervision of a doctor or midwife. There are too many things that can go wrong.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i dont really know what that is. sorry.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 7:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would say ask your dr or mw first or one of those homeopatic ppl I forget what they are actually called have you tried nipple stimulation ? it's brings on crazy contractons for me
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Raspberry Leaf Tea. Light some sandalwood incense and massage your belly with jasmine oil. You do NOT HAVE to do a C-section if you don't want to. I can only assume it is scheduled because you agreed to do it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Black Cohosh can make you bleed out after delivery or bleed excessively should a c-section be needed. Do you really want to risk it??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• http://www.maternityacupressure.com/blue-cohosh-and-labor.html

Blue Cohosh can cause heart defects in the baby and can be poisonous. Unless done under a doctor's care I wouldn't risk it either.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Start walking like crazy, have some sex, get your membranes stripped, just a few things you could at least try before you think about the blue cohosh stuff, oh and what 2autisticsmom suggested. I joke that my eating hot wings and a pizza with literally everything from pizzahut on it is what put me into labor but really I'm pretty sure it's because I was a week over due I'd been stimulating my nipples like crazy and they had stripped my membranes the day before. I lost my plug and the contractions started the next morning and by the next day I had my baby.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 2:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2010